Laminate flooring has gained considerable popularity recently and more and more people install it. It is relatively inexpensive but yet, it has some disadvantages. If you have already decided to have laminate flooring at your home or office, here are some useful tips related to the proper laminate floor cleaning and maintenance:
- Laminate flooring requires you to deal with spillages and stains right away, which makes office cleaning Derby quite a mundane job. Whenever you see dirty spots, you can try to remove them with a soft dry cloth. If you allow liquids absorb into the laminate, you can rest assured that the damages will be really serious.
- One of the main components of the laminate floor cleaning should be regular sweeping. Pay attention to the high traffic areas and the places that cannot be accessed with a broom or a vacuum cleaner.
- It is essential to know that you should never spray a cleaning solution directly to the laminate as it is likely to cause stains. No matter if you are doing office cleaning or you want to clean the laminate at home, take your time. Don’t do the cleaning hastily, otherwise, the end result will not be appealing.
- When you mop the laminate and the weather is nice, don’t forget to open the windows in order to accelerate the drying process. In case it is cold outside, be prepared to perform one more floor cleaning activity – namely drying the laminate with a soft, dry rug.
- Vinegar and acids in general are not suitable for some types of flooring but this rule does not apply for laminate. You can deal with the dirt by spraying white vinegar to a cloth and gently scrub the affected area.
- Keep in mind, that laminate floors are not made of wood and they cannot be sanded. So you will save money from floor sanding Derby. One of the benefits of laminate flooring is that it is more scratch resistant than real wood. In addition if a plank does become damaged, you can easily replace that board without ruining the rest of your floor in the process.
It is really important to make an informed decision before choosing your flooring material. Be prepared to take regular care of it if you want to prolong its lifespan.