Being a parent is a job without a holiday and full of surprises; some of which very unpleasant and sometimes scary: like noticing that something is wrong with your child late in night. What signs should start the alarm and in what cases, you should wait till morning?
- Depends on the age. If your child is very little any sharp change in its conditions – temperature, color, mood – can be a sign for a medical problem. Keep the number of your pediatrician and call him immediately. If your two-month-old has high fever thirty-six hours after vaccination, it is not sickness.
- Don’t panic. Try to think straight and don’t take extreme measures. High temperature doesn’t mean that you need to give the child the strongest antibiotics. Turn to specialist before applying any unknown treatment on your kid.
- Throwing out. It’s usual food poisoning reaction or a symptom of cold. Leave the stains to the carpet cleaners Derbyshire and concentrate on your baby. How does the vomit looks? Any strange color is a sign that you should seek the pediatrician’s advice and also if the child throws out again and again even when its stomach is completely empty.
- Coughing. Coughing can be a reaction but if it’s persistent and hard, maybe your kid has asthma attack. It’s not something that is genetic so it can appear in any family. If the coughing sounds as barking, maybe it’s a croup. Take the child to the bathroom and turn on the hot water to create steam and stay there with the child for a couple of minutes.
- Pox and skin diseases. Usually itchy rashes can wait for the morning. The symptoms that precede the spots are aches, high temperature and appetite loss, go to the doctor in the morning. Remember that such diseases can leave bacterial traces at home, use end of tenancy cleaning services Derbyshire to fully sanitize your home after all is over.
Normally, small children get sick up to nine times per year, when it happens in the evening, just don’t lose your ground and seek specialized help.