Look around yourself – you will notice so many things in your home that need to be repaired, replaced or fixed. You definitely need to hire a handyman to get things in order. But if you rely on a small monthly budget, this is absolutely a bad idea, such services usually cost a lot. That’s why you should set up your own DIY home project. The good news is that there are quite detailed guides that can help you. Let’s start with something easy – check the tips below and find a solution to the most common home problem – a broken or annoying doorbell.
- If the end of lease cleaners, coming to your home got quite impatient because your doorbell doesn’t ring and they have to wait for a while instead of doing their job – it is time to take things in your hands and replace your broken doorbell immediately by following some simple steps.
- Start with turning off the electricity.
- Remove the old buzzer – you should do it by removing the two screws on the face plate. If the wires are attached to a slot – just cut them free, if they are attached with small screws just try to remove them carefully.
- Install the new buzzer – if the wires are in good condition, you can simply attach them to the new buzzer. If you had to cut them free – you just need to use wire strippers and expose ½ of a clean wire and connect the new buzzer.
- There is no matter which wire you connect to the connectors of the buzzer. It makes it so simple, doesn’t it?
- Use the screws to attach the faceplate.
- Turn on the power and enjoy your new doorbell and get back to your domestic cleaning. You know that finished home maintenance projects usually require cleaning, don’t you?
I hope your first DIY project was successful – if it was not, remember – knowledge comes from practice.